The Minnesota Population Center (MPC) is a University-wide interdisciplinary cooperative for demographic research. The MPC serves more than 80 faculty members and research scientists from eight colleges and institutes at the University of Minnesota. As a leading developer and disseminator of demographic data, we also serve a broader audience of some 50,000 demographic researchers worldwide.
- Sheela Kennedy and Steve Ruggles receive national publicity for their Demography article "Breaking Up Is Hard to Count: The Rise of Divorce in the United States, 1980–2010." Please find two articles linked below:
- The MPC is currently recruiting graduate research assistants for summer 2014 and academic year 2014-15.
- The MPC is now the largest research center at the University of Minnesota based on sponsored research expenditures!
- Steve Ruggles, Director, Minnesota Population Center, has been elected 2014 President-Elect of the Population Association of America.
- NIH requires all grant supported research publications be made available in PubMed Central