The Minnesota Population Center (MPC) is a University-wide interdisciplinary cooperative for demographic research. The MPC serves more than 80 faculty members and research scientists from eight colleges and institutes at the University of Minnesota. As a leading developer and disseminator of demographic data, we also serve a broader audience of some 60,000 demographic researchers worldwide.
- MPC is hiring! Discover MPC employment opportunities at: https://www.pop.umn.edu/about/employment-opportunities
- MPC announces a University of Minnesota-wide grants competition for proposals that use MPC data (submission deadline: February 28, 2015). Join for a data project information session held February 6, 2015 in the MPC Seminar Room at 50 Willey Hall at 12:15pm. More information about the competition is linked here.
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellow and MPC student member, Majory Silisyene, was recognized for her ongoing research promoting sustainable resource use in Tanzania. Check out The Graduate School's full story on her work here.
- Check out the Wonkblog coverage of the new Health Affairs article from MPC members Carrie Henning-Smith and Tetyana Shippee on expectations for need of long-term health care services.
- NIH requires all grant supported research publications be made available in PubMed Central.