The MPC Graduate Training Program in Population Studies produces well-trained demographers who do high-quality population research in a uniquely Minnesota way. MPC trainees will be thoroughly interdisciplinary, highly skilled in the production and use of “big data,” and able to apply cutting edge theory and methods.
The three-year Training Program includes:
- A stipend and tuition support
- Formal training in the theory, methods, and substance of interdisciplinary population research
- Annual financial support to attend a national professional conference
- Hands-on training as part of substantive and data infrastructure research projects in a vibrant and growing interdisciplinary population center
- Students completing the Training Program will also be awarded a minor in Population Studies